What is friction welding? Welding that cannot be achieved by conventional welding methods, such as the shape of the workpiece, can not be started, because the material melting point is too different to weld, the material has a large thermal expansion coefficient, the workpiece is too thick, the diameter of the bar is too large, and the welding is not penetrated Or the welding cost is too high, due to the serious deformation after temperature welding, the overall material price is too high, and welding is used to replace part of the ordinary material ... Friction welding can help you achieve and achieve the same strength and tightness as the base material. Friction welding is A solid-state welding method with the advantages of high strength, high quality, and low-quality products. It is gradually replacing more and more conventional welding processes. Rotary friction welding is mainly used for welding pipe and rod parts; friction stir welding is mainly used for welding Welding of large workpieces such as plates and large barrels. Different materials can be well connected. Conventional welding methods cannot meet the requirements. Friction welding can be used for welding. The friction stir welding method is the same as conventional friction welding. . Friction stir welding also uses frictional heat and plastic deformation heat as welding heat sources. The difference is that in the friction stir welding process, a cylindrical or other shape (such as a threaded cylinder) mixing pin (welding pin) is extended into the joint of the workpiece, and the high speed rotation of the welding head makes it weld with The material of the workpiece rubs, so that the temperature of the material at the connecting part increases and softens. At the same time, the material is friction-stirred to complete the welding. During the welding process, the workpiece should be rigidly fixed on the worktable. The welding head rotates at high speed, and the joint of the edge workpiece moves relative to the workpiece. The protruding section of the welding head extends into the inside of the material for friction and stirring. The shoulder of the welding head frictionally generates heat with the surface of the workpiece, and is used to prevent the overflow of the plastic state material, and can also play a role in removing the surface oxide film. In the welding process, the stirring pin extends into the joint of the workpiece while rotating, and the friction heat between the rotating stirring head (mainly the shoulder) and the workpiece causes the material in front of the welding head to undergo strong plastic deformation, and then With the movement of the welding head, highly plastically deformed materials are gradually deposited behind the stirring head, thereby forming a friction stir welding seam.
All kinds of steel, iron, copper, magnesium, aluminum, aluminum alloy, plastic ...; rod, tube, tube, plate, special shape ... different materials, different shapes can be friction welded! Copper-aluminum transition joints, power fittings , White steel milling cutter (the front section is high-speed steel, the rear section is 45 # steel), CNC punch, copper and aluminum radiator, bimetallic bearings, valves, ball studs, universal joint ball cage, steering rod, half shaft, Shock absorbers, turbocharger turbine shafts, S-shaped camshafts, socket wrenches, construction screw steel, drill rods, sucker rods, motor shafts, and pipe end plugs. The main advantages of friction welding technology are summarized as follows Aspects:
1. The joint quality is good and stable. The welding process is automatically controlled by the machine. After parameter setting, it is easy to monitor and has good repeatability. It does not depend on the technical level and working attitude of the operator. The welding process does not melt, and it is a solid-phase hot-press welding. The joint is a forged structure, so the weld will not show crystalline defects such as porosity, segregation and inclusions, cracks and other casting structures. The strength of the welded joint is much greater than that of fusion and brazing , Reaching or even exceeding the strength of the base material;
2. High efficiency. Welding parts preparation requirements are usually not high, welding equipment is highly automated, and can be produced on the assembly line. Each welding time is measured in seconds, generally only a few seconds to tens of seconds. It is other welding methods such as welding and brazing. Incomparable
3. Energy saving, material saving and low consumption. The required power is only 1/5 to 1/15 of the traditional welding process, no electrode, flux, brazing material, shielding gas, no need to add metal, and no electrode consumption;
4. Good weldability. Especially suitable for welding dissimilar materials. Compared with other welding methods, friction welding has unique advantages, such as steel and copper, steel and aluminum, steel and brass, etc .;
5. Environmental protection, no pollution. No fumes or harmful gases, no splashes, no arcs and sparks, no radiation in the welding process. Because of these advantages, friction welding technology is known as the future green welding technology. Disadvantages of friction welding technology: high degree of equipment automation, strong professionalism, suitable for assembly lines, professional production lines.
Scan and contact us